Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mac OS X Installation Tip

At work I've been trying to install Mac OS X Tiger on a Mac Mini for testing purposes. I have to say I was really having a tough time getting it to work and had even begun wishing I was on a Linux machine again.

At this point, I realized that probably there is a built-in loyalty detection device in the Mac hardware that can tell whether you are truly sincere or not. And since I had given fake devotion to the Cult of the Mac before, that is probably why it was not letting me install Tiger at all.

As a final straw, during installation I completely reformatted the hard drive and renamed that volume "ILoveSteve_Really". The installation worked. I'm not making this up.

So, to all you Cult of the Mac people, whom, as far as you are concerned, I love, respect, and admire beyond comprehension, if you ever have any trouble getting OS X to install, try showering some evidence of devotion upon your installation volume, and perhaps you too will find success.