Friday, June 13, 2008

Cult of the Mac Blood Brother @ WWDC, Day 5

I really like these black Dockers. They match perfectly with my black belt and my black t-shirts I've received all during the conference. And I must say I think I look quite stunning with my black shoes and white socks.

First thing this morning, after the wardrobe improvements, I walked down Market St. to the Apple Store. I bought a new Macbook Pro with several performance upgrades. I placed it gently in the beautiful, sleek, new laptop carrying bag that I was provided when I registered for the conference.

I'm still not significantly overweight, nor do I have enough hair for a ponytail, yet. But I'm working on it. I didn't even shower today.

I walked into Moscone West this morning. It didn't take me long to find the Black Ponytails. I approached them resolutely. They regarded me with some reservation as I opened my laptop bag, intentionally displaying the new laptop I had purchased that day, which I hoped to be able to pay for later, and extracted the document they had left with me the night before.

I handed it to the leader of the group. He took it with suspicion, and immediately scanned his sight to the bottom of the page, where he saw my fingerprint, imprinted upon the document in my own blood.

He smiled. "Welcome, brother." I smiled back, then turned and walked away.

A calming, satisfied smile settled across my face. Paraphrasing Winston Smith, I thought to myself, "I love Mac."