Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chris Cannon Defeated - Thankfully

I'm relieved to say that Chris Cannon was defeated in the Utah primaries yesterday. Those of you who are faithful readers of this blog (as far as I can tell, the only person in that group is myself) will recall the condescending letter I received from Congressman Cannon in response to a letter I mailed him before, and my reply to him, telling him that just because he is a congressman and I'm not doesn't mean he is smarter than me. Well, I didn't actually say that, but I meant to, and I hope the point came across.

Whether the new guy will be any better is hard to know. As hard as it may be to believe, he is even more conservative than Cannon - meaning, even Cannon was just not conservative enough for Utah County, amazingly.

Now if we could just figure out how to get rid of Orrin Hatch - then things would be much better.